2. In the back office
Clicking the “Subscription” item via "Advanced" in your account menu will take you to the "Subscription management" dashboard, which is divided into the following parts:
- "Subscription status" (default page) shows an overview of your current subscriptions. Clicking on the number of subscriptions corresponding to a given status will display the list of subscriptions.
- "Global parameters" allows you to configure your subscription manager options.
- "Edit/View subscriptions" allows you to search for, view and edit any subscription you may have stored in your account. It is also possible, instead of viewing via the browser, to download a list of subscriptions in a text file.
- "Create subscription" allows you to create new subscriptions manually.
In the “Global Parameters” tab, you can define the following settings:
- "Number of retries when a payment fails". It is possible that one of the payments has an error. Our system will retry for as many times as is configured here (max. 5). The interval between each retry is one day.
- "What to do when the maximum number of retries has been reached".
- If you choose to deactivate a subscription, no further payments will be made for it.
- If you choose to proceed with the next occurrence as defined in the subscription, the next payment will be made at the next occurrence.
- In both cases, the failed payment will remain unsettled after the maximum number of retries has been reached. In the event that a payment failed after the maximum number of retries has been reached, a notification will be sent to the email address configured in the “Transaction emails” tab on the “Technical information" page of your account.
- "Disclaimer" (e-Commerce only) defines whether or not to display a message requesting the buyer’s consent to the storage of his payment data and the future subscription payments. If you do not wish to use the default disclaimer provided by ePDQ, we strongly recommend you to request the buyer’s consent to the storage of his payment data and the future subscription payments on your side.
2.2 Create a subscription
In order to create a subscription, you must provide the following information:
||A unique identifier for the subscription. This is not an OrderID, as each occurrence of the subscription will be a separate payment.
||Card/account holder’s information
|Credit Card/Direct Debits
The payment method, and subsequent account or card information.
Note: Direct Debits DE subscriptions can not be created with IBAN account information; Konto/BLZ must be used instead. Direct Debits NL is not supported.
You can choose between daily, weekly or monthly. For each choice, you can fine-tune the recurrence (for weekly, you can choose the day of the week, for monthly, you can choose the day of the month.)
If you wish to have a recurrence every few days, you must choose “Daily” and then set the required number of days.
The same rule is valid for weeks and months, e.g. if the recurrence should be the fifth of every two months, you put Recurrence on "Monthly", and Payment occurs on the "5" of every "2" month(s).
- When the day of the month for the subscription is greater than the available number of days in the current month (e.g. there is no February 30th), the subscription will use the last available day of the month instead.
- If you create a subscription with a Start date in the past, we will change the Start date to a future date, based on any of the values you entered with Recurrence (see above).
|Start date / End date
Date range of the subscription.
If the date of the last payment of the subscription is on the exact date of the end date, the payment will be processed.
||Order identifier that will be included in each payment of the subscription. Clicking the “add dd/MM/yyyy” button will include the date in the OrderID, so as to easily differentiate each subscription payment.
||Order description included in each subscription payment. Clicking the “add dd/MM/yyyy” button will include the date in the COM-field, in order to easily differentiate each subscription payment.
||Free text to store a comment for the merchant
||Setting the subscription to “active” will trigger payments as configured.
When creating a subscription, no verification of the credit card takes place. The validity of the card will be verified with the first subscription payment.
2.3 Edit a subscription
The screen for editing a subscription proposes the same features as for creation.
All fields are subject to change, except for the Subscription ID. If the customer’s card expires, it can be updated or changed and the subscription does not need to be recreated.
Please note, if you edit the payment dates relating to a Subscription, ePDQ may process a "catch up" payment to cover any transactions that may have otherwise been missed as a consequence of the change.
- Week 1 – Subscription created to be processed every Wednesday. First transaction is processed on that Wednesday
- Week 2 – Subscription edited on Tuesday to change the day of processing to Monday
- Week 3 – Subscription processed on Monday
2.4 Delete a subscription
In order to delete a subscription, you need to look it up via the “Edit/View subscriptions” link, and click on the “delete” button next to the corresponding subscription.
Deleting a subscription only deletes the scheduling, and does not refund or cancel any ongoing payments.
2.5 View transactions
Each subscription transaction is a separate payment, with its own PAYID and status. You can look them up via the “View transactions” link in the back office.
If you wish to view all subscription transactions, it is easier to look them up via the subscription manager, by supplying the subscription ID (only the last 12 transactions will be visible).